Four Corners Rod & Gun Club Range Rules
Recent changes to the range rules will appear in red. Last updated on: October 1, 2019
The following rules for Four Corners Rod & Gun Club are in place to assure the safety of members, guests and the surrounding community. Any violation of these rules may result in cancellation of Four Corners Rod & Gun Club membership in accordance with the club By-Laws.
New Club Rule Change
The Executive Committee approved a rule change allowing for ten (10) rounds to be loaded in magazines for rifles. This number is now consistent with the ten (10) rounds allowed to be loaded in handgun magazines. M1 Garand owners appear to be the happiest about this news!
1. Club members, while on club property, shall clearly display membership identification at all times.
2. Range keys/cards will not be loaned to non-spouse associate members or non-members.
3. Guests must sign in on the Guest Liability Waver form each time they visit and they must wear clearly visible guest identification. If the guest is underage, the adult responsible for them must sign in for them. Members are strongly encouraged to have the parent or guardian of an underage guest also be in attendance to sign the Guest Liability Waiver form. The club member is responsible for the actions of the guest and they must be closely supervised by the member. To provide proper supervision, no more than two (2) guest shooters of any one member may be at the firing line at any given time; guests may only shoot when the club member is not shooting; guests may not handle firearms when the member is not present; and members and their guests may not split up to go to separate ranges.
4. Eye and hearing protection is required for all persons in the shooting area of all firearm ranges. Persons without eye and hearing protection on the firearm ranges, and all non-shooting persons on any range, must remain outside of the shooting area (i.e. on the Indoor Range and the Short range inside the classroom/meeting area; on the Lower Range behind the range fence or in the Cook Shack building; and on the Archery Range on the benches at the back of the shooting walkway).
5. Persons under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or drugs are not allowed on club property. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or illicit drugs allowed on club property.
6. Shooting hours:
a. Indoor range: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
b. Lower range and Short range: 8:00 am (or when red lights turn off after 8:00 am) until the red lights turn on.
c. Archery range: 8:00 am to dusk.
7. Actions on all firearms must be open at all times except when on the firing line or encased.
8. All firearms are to be unloaded except when on the firing line. Concealed firearms may be carried loaded by persons possessing an Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL). Holders must comply with State law and the firearm must not be visible or apparent.
9. When going down range, each person shall make sure that the cease-fire horn/buzzer and flashing red lights, or other cease fire signal, nearest them is activated. This is to prevent any one person from ending a cease-fire before all down range persons have returned. All persons not going down range during a cease-fire must remain behind the yellow line, or outside the shooting area. No firearms may be handled on the range during a cease-fire.
10. No firing from in front of the red firing line.
11. Shoot down range only. Do not shoot across any range or the club boundaries.
12. Shoot only at paper targets placed in club furnished target frames and holders. The Executive Committee must approve shooting at other than paper targets. Paper target size must not exceed the height of the target frame. All targets must be placed so projectiles hit the backstop or berm.
13. Rifles are restricted to no more than ten (10) rounds. Handguns are restricted to no more than ten (10) rounds.
14. The shooting of all firearms must start with gun in hand. All shooting must be deliberate controlled aimed fire. No handgun working from the holster.
15. No slide, bump, or full automatic fire allowed on Four Corners Rod & Gun Club property.
16. The firing of armor piercing or tracer ammunition is prohibited.
17. Muzzle loading arms must be kept unloaded until actually ready to fire. Cap-lock arms will not be capped and flintlocks will be kept with frizzen in the forward position until the firearm is on the firing line and pointed down range.
18. No shooting at the short range during General and Executive Committee meetings and classes without Executive Committee authorization. No shooting on any range during work parties and sight-in service without approval.
19. During the entire month of September, no non-family guests as shooters are allowed except at club authorized shooting events.
20. Pets are not allowed to run loose on club property.
21. Clean up and police your shooting area when through shooting. Remove targets from frames, pick up empty cases/shotgun hulls, pick up any cleaning patches, put away sandbags, etc.
Rules for Specific Ranges
Suggested Procedure if you observe someone not abiding by the rules.
- Always be courteous.
- Instruct the person as to the proper procedure.
- If that person does not comply, get their name, or some form of identification, and report it to an Executive Committee member.
- Never cause a confrontation.