Four Corners Rod and Gun Club
Top Ten Things to Know about Sight in Service
1. What times is the range open?
- We are open from 8:00am –> 4:30pm.
2. What dates are you open?
- For 2014: , September 20, 21, 27, 28
3. This is Oregon. What about rain on Sight in days?
- All of our shooting benches are under cover so rain is not a concern.
4. Can I bring more than one rifle?
- Yes you may bring more than one rifle. The cost is $ 6.00 per rifle.
5. I bought a new scope. Can you help me mount it on my rifle?
- Yes free minor gun smith work is available such as: mounting a scope, bore sighting.
6. Can I bring my AR style rifle to be sighted in?
- Yes. Please note: You will only be allowed to load one round at a time and it is easier to shoot an AR from the bench with a five or ten round magazine.
7. In shooting at the running buck included in my sight in service fee?
8. Is shooting the 200 yard gong included in my sight in service fee?
9. Can I use reloaded ammo?
10. Depending on the time of day you come to the range, breakfast and/or lunch are available for a small fee. Coffee, soft drinks and bottled water are also available for purchase.
To all members the lower range is closed every Wednesday until 10 AM for mowing. Please do not enter the lower range until after 10 AM. All other ranges are open feel free to use them
Have a membership question?
Please call Tim Brown 503-390-1922
Four Corners Educational Foundation is holding a raffle for and African safari. Tickets will be sold during sight in service. Tickets are $5.00 each
Tennis ball shoot second Saturday each month open to the public
Upcoming Schedule for the Tennis ball shoot
October 11th 9:00am --> Salad shoot rim fire rifle and pistol
Yes bring out your rim fire pistol and or your rim fire rifle or bring both and don't forget to bring some vegetables from the garden. Example: pumpkins, squash, apples, tomato's greener the better or anything else from the garden. 100 rounds
November 8th 9:00am --> Shot guns only
All types pumps, semi auto this is a fun shoot all are welcome 50 rounds
December 13th 9:00am --> Pocket pistol only 3 1/2 barrel or shorter
No optics This will be open to all calibers rim fire and center fire
Want get some shooting in with your personal carry gun this is the one
First time shooter to one of our scheduled shoots no worries we explain everything
This will be a fun shoot 50 rounds
Match Director: Dave Kopecky email: email@example.com
Black powder cartridge Check it out first Saturday each month
SIGHT-IN SERVICE IS HERE
We are open to the public Saturday and Sunday 8:00am --> 4:30pm though the month of September
Click the FAQ for more info
Our annual Sight-In Service - that time when we open our lower range on weekends to the public so they can get their shootin’ irons ready for the season – is coming. The dates for this year’s service will be September 20, 21, 27 and 28. Sight-in will run from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM each of those days.
As usual, the only way that this important public service function can be successful is through the efforts of our club members. Volunteers will be needed to: work the benches to assist persons with getting sighted in; work in the cook shack to get workers and the hungry shooters fed; work in the signing up of persons who what to shoot; work the running buck, etc. There are plenty of things that need to be done.
So right about now you are asking yourself why should I come out and help? Well, the answer is because it is fun and rewarding.
Fun, because you get to work with a great bunch of other club members, you may get to shoot rifles you may never own, you get to meet all kinds of interesting people, and you provide a service to other shooters.
And rewarding in several way. First, for every hour you work, you will receive one work buck. Just be sure you sign in and out at the sign up shack so you get credit for hours worked. Second, you will get fed to keep up your energy. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided to workers. And it is good food. And third, there will be drawings through out the days for really neat stuff that the workers can select from when their bench or work area is drawn.
So put the above dates on your calendars and come out and help and get in on the fun and rewards.
Please note that during those weeks when Sight-In Service occurs, all ranges are closed for use by members from 5:00 PM Friday until 8:00 AM Monday. Only Sight-In Service and Junior Club use of ranges is allowed during those times.
Four Corners Rod and Gun Club will be offering the opportunity to join or renew membership to the NRA (National Rifle Association) at the Annual Sight In Service each weekend in September 2014. The normal rate to sight in each rifle is $6. As an incentive to join the NRA, your first rifle can be sighted in for free and a second rifle for only $5 with your paid membership. Credit cards accepted. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.